Aging Life Care Professionals® are care managers who are members of the Aging Life Care Association® (ALCA). They are educated and experienced in specialties such as gerontology, nursing, social work, counseling, and others.
Aging Life Care™ managers specialize in helping older people navigate their care needs, whether it’s in the home or in a senior living residence. Many also work with adults living with disabilities or mental illness.
Aging Life Care managers can be the eyes and ears for family members who live far away. We are also there for those family members who live nearby but are too busy to handle the daily details of the older person’s life.
About the Aging Life Care Association
Membership in the Aging Life Care Association says your care manager meets education and experience requirements and follows the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics that guide our professional and business practices.
ALCA members offer expertise in eight knowledge areas: health and disability; financial; housing; families; local resources; advocacy; legal; and crisis intervention. They can help you by:
- Conducting care-planning assessments to identify problems, eligibility for assistance, and need for services.
- Screening, arranging and monitoring in-home help or other services.
- Reviewing financial, legal, or medical issues and offer referrals to geriatric specialists to avoid future problems and conserve assets.
- Providing crisis intervention.
- Acting as a liaison for families at a distance, work with and alerting families early to problems to ensure early interventions.
- Assisting with moving an older person to or from a retirement complex, care home, or nursing home.
- Providing consumer education and advocacy.
- Offering counseling and support.
Some Aging Life Care managers can also provide family or individual therapy, money management, and conservatorship or guardianship assistance.
Learn more about the benefits of Aging Life Care.
“We didn’t know where to turn when serious problems began with our parents until we found out about professional care managers.” — Client