When you join the New York chapter of ALCA®, you connect with like-minded professionals passionate about their work as Aging Life Care™ managers. Our membership is comprised of individuals with diverse professional backgrounds, including social work, nursing, gerontology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and more. Corporate partners are also welcome!
Before you can join our chapter, you must join ALCA. Be sure to select the New York Chapter when completing the online form. All membership applications are processed by the national office of the Aging Life Care Association. All the information you need is on our national website. Below are links for easier navigation.
Benefits of joining the New York chapter include:
- Opportunities for peer-to-peer consultation.
- Local chapter and unit meetings with virtual and in-person options.
- Educational programs tailored to our work with older adults and persons with disabilities. In-person and online programs offer both clinical and business topics. Continuing education units (CEUs) are available when appropriate.
- A strong professional support system – one that can help alleviate the professional isolation common in our work, especially for those who work in solo or small practices.
- Members-only listservs (New York and national), providing the opportunity to learn and share information critical to your practice with other ALCA members. These might include questions about local/current resources, entitlements, clinical, medical, psychiatric, legal, technological, and business-related issues.
- And so much more!