“The Greatness of a Community is Most Accurately Measured by the Compassionate Action of Its Members”
~ Coretta Scott King
Why Join NY ALCA?
- Affiliate with those who value our Strong Standard of Practice and Code of Ethics.
- Connect with like-minded professionals passionate about our work as Aging Life Care Professionals. Our membership is comprised of individuals with diverse professional backgrounds; social work, nursing, gerontology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and more.
- Enjoy opportunities for peer-to-peer consultation.
- Attend local Chapter and Unit meetings to expand professional networks; with virtual & in-person options.
- Expand your knowledge by participating in educational programs, tailored to our work with older adults and persons with disabilities. In-person and online programs offer both clinical and business topics. Continuing Education Units (CEU) available whenever appropriate.
- Access to a strong professional support system – one that can help alleviate professional isolation common in our work especially for those who work in solo or small practices.
- Participate in Member Only listservs, New York and National, providing the opportunity to avail of and share information critical to your practice with other ALCA members. Topics are member driven yet abide by professional etiquette and guidelines. These might include questions about local/current resources, entitlements, clinical, medical, psychiatric, legal, technological and business-related issues.
- Be found! With your listing on the ALCA national “Find an Aging Life Care Expert” your professional visibility increases nationwide for Advanced, Professional and Associate members.
- And so much more!
Here’s how to join!
All membership applications are processed by the national office of the Aging Life Care Association. All the information you need is on our national website. Below are links for easier navigation.
To apply as an individual, click here
To apply as a corporate partner, click here.