Aging Life Care™ Experts can offer:
- Short-term or ongoing assistance for long-distance caregivers.
- Personalized services specifically to meet the client’s wants and needs.
- Accessibility — many ALCA members are available after hours and on weekends.
- Continuity of care management to reduce miscommunications, time, stress, and cost to clients.
- Efficiency and flexibility — Aging Life Care services are streamlined and client-centered — not complicated by bureaucratic red tape.
- Cost-control — ALCA members strive to reduce inappropriate institutional care and overuse of services. They match the service to the client’s needs and help contain costs. Ongoing monitoring can prevent costly crises and unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Quality control — ALCA has adopted stringent ethical standards of practice for all its members. Members must meet specific educational and experiential requirements prior to becoming members.
Who Uses Aging Life Care Services?
- Banks and trust officers
- Physicians and allied health professionals
- Social service providers
- Senior housing communities